In a historic vote in December, the members of your farmer-owned cooperatives voted to merge. Effective April 1, 2016 FC and West Central will integrate into a unified cooperative to become Landus Cooperative. We plan to make this transition as easy and streamlined for you and your operation as possible.
Doing Business ON March 31st
We do expect there may be slight delays on service on the afternoon of March 31 as we begin our regular month-end processes early in order to begin the monumental task of merging back-end computer systems and be ready for business on April 1st.
• Agronomy product delivery or pick-up after noon on the 31st will be recorded as April business activity on your April statement. Seed, crop protection and NH3 movement will continue as normal. Custom application services will be scheduled ahead of March 31st to avoid delays in service.
• We will NOT be accepting grain deliveries past noon on March 31st. We will price grain and issue payments until 2:00 p.m. and then we will close those services for the day.
• Please place your feed orders early. We will not be processing any new animal nutrition/feed customer orders after noon on March 31st for same-day manufacturing. Deliveries will continue but afternoon activity will be reflected on your April statement.
We expect business to resume as usual on the morning of April 1, 2016 as Landus Cooperative.
On and After April 1st
Contracts will be honored.
• Any contract (grain, feed, agronomy including pre-pay) placed prior to April 1, 2016 with either cooperative will be honored by Landus Cooperative.
• All contracts entered into beginning on April 1, 2016 and after will be with Landus Cooperative.
Customer statement(s) will continue to be generated by each former accounting system
• For your business done in March, you will receive an FC or West Central Cooperative statement mailed April 1st.
• For your business done in April, you will receive your statement(s) with the Landus Cooperative logo May 1st.
• For those doing business at locations of both former cooperatives after April 1, you will receive two month-end statements with the Landus Cooperative logo. Each statement will come with a corresponding remittance envelope for either Landus Cooperative Ralston office (West Central) or the Landus Cooperative corresponding former FC regional office. Former 360 Feeds customers will also receive a separate statement with remittance to Landus Cooperative Ralston.
• The only change to your statement will be the change in logo.
• We anticipate it may take some time to completely merge our accounting systems to allow for a single Landus Cooperative statement.
Checks should be made payable to “Landus Cooperative” effective April 1, 2016.
• If you receive multiple statements, you may write multiple checks to Landus Cooperative if you so choose OR you may write a single check.
• If you would like funds applied to a specific portion of your business or business from former FC or former West Central, we ask that you please note that in your remittance.
We look forward to serving you as Landus Cooperative effective April 1, 2016. We appreciate your patience as we merge our two cooperatives to better serve you. Thank you for your business!