Farmer-governed cooperative announces election results following Annual Meeting
(Ames, Iowa) December 21, 2017—Landus Cooperative held its annual members meeting Tuesday, December 19 at its main office in Ames, Iowa during which members voted to fill four board positions.
The farmer-governed cooperative is in the process of reducing the size of its board from 18 to 12 in 2020. As terms expire or members reach their term limits, the board will be reduced by two members each year.
For the fiscal year 2017, the Landus Cooperative Board of Directors consisted of 18 full directors, with the terms of six expiring. Four of those board members ran as incumbents and were re-elected by the membership to serve a three-year term.
- Craig Heineman of Boone was re-elected
- Jim Long of Maxwell was re-elected
- Dan Reynolds of Rockwell City was re-elected
- Nate Stewart of Cedar Falls was re-elected
- Lance Kading of Guthrie Center transitioned to the role of associated board member which is a one-year, appointed, non-voting position.
- Daryl Doerder of Boone retired from the Board and was honored for his ten-year tenure.
In a board meeting following the session, the following were elected as officers of the Landus Cooperative Board of Directors.
- John Scott of Odebolt was re-elected President
- Sam Spellman of Woodward was elected as Vice President
- Dan Reynolds of Rockwell City was re-elected as Secretary/Treasurer
At the annual meeting, more than 125 members were served breakfast, including a selection of dairy products sourced from end-users of the cooperative’s own manufactured dairy feed ingredients. Following breakfast, the business meeting came to order.
Landus Cooperative CEO Milan Kucerak presented the state of the cooperative and financials. Following elections, a panel of Landus Cooperative employees presented the cooperative’s many touch points via the journey a soybean takes, from seed to feed, highlighting the company’s unique position in the supply chain. The presentation is available by emailing Alicia.Heun@LandusCooperative.com