Four area seniors pursuing agriculture-related degrees earn $1,000 scholarships
Landus Cooperative announces four area high school students who will each receive an Excellence in Agriculture $1,000 scholarship towards post-secondary education in an ag-related field.
“Landus Cooperative is proud to support scholarships and learning experiences to help prepare students for the future challenges the agriculture industry will present,” said chief executive officer, Milan Kucerak as he expressed his encouragement for these students. “These young men and women are the future of the agriculture industry,” Kucerak added.
The Excellence in Agriculture winners:
· Emily Campbell, daughter of Paul and Deb Campbell of Hamlin; senior at Audubon High School. Field of study: Agricultural Studies at Iowa State University.
· Maggie Steinkamp, daughter of Doug and Julie Steinkamp of Wall Lake; senior at Kuemper Catholic High School. Field of study: Ag Communications at South Dakota State University.
· Blaine Lees, son of Paul and Suzanne Lees of Walnut; senior at AHSTW High School. Field of study: Agricultural Science at Northwest Missouri State University.
· Brandon Langbein, son of Gary and Melissa Langbein of Sac City; senior at East Sac County High School. Field of study: Applied Agriculture and Food Studies at Morningside College
About the scholarship:
- Applicant and/or parent must be a voting member (Class A) in good standing of Landus Cooperative.
- Applicant must be a high school senior graduating in the spring of the 2017 school year.
- Applicant must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must pursue a career in an agriculture or life sciences field of study attending the accredited post-secondary school of his or her choice.
- Dependents of directors and officers of Landus Cooperative are not eligible to apply for these scholarships.
For more information about the scholarship program please contact Alyssa Hemesath, communications specialist, (515) 817-2168 or Alyssa.Hemesath@landuscooperative.com.
Photos of recipients below. L to R: Emily Campbell, Maggie Steinkamp, Blaine Lees and Brandon Langbein.