$1,000 awards available for high school seniors pursuing ag-related education
(AMES, Iowa) Nov. 25, 2016 —High school seniors pursuing a career in agriculture, life sciences, or an ag-related field are invited to apply for the Landus Cooperative 2017 Excellence in Agriculture scholarship.
The Excellence In Agriculture scholarship program awards four $1,000 scholarships for any accredited post-secondary program. Applications are available at any Landus Cooperative location, from area high school guidance counselors, or online at landuscooperative.com
- Applicant and/or parent must be a voting member, in good standing, of Landus Cooperative.
- Applicant must be a high school senior and graduate in the spring of the 2016-2017 school year.
- Applicant must have a cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale through his/her junior year.
- Applicant must pursue a career in agriculture, life sciences, or enter an ag-related field of study at any accredited post-secondary school of his or her choice.
- Dependents of directors and officers of Landus Cooperative are not eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Applications must be returned by Jan. 31, 2017. If you have questions regarding the Landus Cooperative Excellence In Agriculture scholarship program, please contact Alyssa Hemesath at (515) 817-2168 or email@example.com.
Landus CooperativeTM is a farmer-owned agricultural cooperative, headquartered in Ames, Iowa that has a global reach and a local touch with more than 725 full-time employees at locations in more than 70 communities in Iowa and Minnesota and approximately 7,000 member-owners
Landus Cooperative is one of North America’s largest grain storage companies and has shuttle-loading access on all seven, major Iowa rail lines. The diversified farmer-owned cooperative offers precision agronomy services with more than 50 agronomists on staff; a proprietary, member-owned brand of soybeans; expert grain marketing services; as well as corn and soybean processing including a facility in Ralston, Iowa which manufacturers SoyPlus®, a high bypass protein soybean meal for dairy herds across the globe.