Location-based harvest receiving times now available for area growers
Landus Cooperative® today announced the launch of their free mobile app available for Apple® and Android® mobile phones. The app, originally launched in August, now includes traffic photos at ten of the cooperative’s busiest locations and scale-in to scale-out times for all Landus Cooperative locations to help area farmers determine harvest turnaround times.
· Hourly average scale-in to scale-out time by location
· News, video, and daily grain market commentary
· Regularly updated traffic pattern photos for ten of the cooperative’s busiest locations (Adair, Bondurant, Boone, Bradford, Ida Grove, Jefferson, Odebolt, Ralston and Rake)
· Ability to set favorite locations for quick local access
· Cash grain bids by location
· Futures prices
· Location-specific harvest hours
“As Americans, more than seventy percent of our time accessing the web is done via mobile device,” explained Milan Kucerak, chief executive officer for Landus Cooperative. “We know our farmer-owners want real-time information at their fingertips, especially during harvest. This mobile app is one way to better serve customers and members with fast, efficient information.”
Kucerak noted the features in the mobile application are the result of direct feedback from area farmers.
“We heard growers’ remarks regarding the need to access information on-the-go and believe this app is the first step in serving our customers better with digital marketing,” he said. “We encourage them to use the “provide feedback” link in the “settings” function of the app to share ideas on how to make this mobile app even better in the future.”
The app, updated in mid-September, is available by searching “Landus Cooperative” in the Apple or Google stores of any smartphone or by visiting the cooperative’s website.
Daily grain bid and harvest hours text messages are also available by signing up at LandusCooperative.com.