Landus is making some big changes, big moves, and big bets to put our farmers at the center of innovation.
That includes "gunning" for a seat on a world stage next spring at SOUTH BY SOUTHWEST to really put Landus and our farmer-owners on the map!
This summer, we hired our first-ever, VP, Innovation. It was important to us that whoever we brought in to help design and lead our Innovation by Landus portfolio come to us from outside of ag; unencumbered by any industry bias or legacy practices; able to see opportunities in new ways and explore relationships and non-traditional partnerships that we might not otherwise have considered. Jacqueline Tame, whom we welcomed to the Landus Family in late June, fit that bill. Coming to us from the Department of Defense where she had served most recently as the Deputy Director of the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center following nearly 15 years of leadership roles in defense, intelligence, and on the Hill as a Congressional Staffer, Jacqueline has a unique perspective and is excited to bring her expertise in a completely different field to agriculture.
One of the reasons Jacqueline was so interested in joining Landus was because she sees agriculture as such a critical component of our national security.
In hopes of sharing the story of her transition from DoD to agriculture - two very different, but interdependent parts of our country's national security and economic engine - and in order to highlight Landus' cutting-edge innovation work, we submitted a panel application for South By Southwest (SXSW) 2022 - the annual interactive festival that attracts tens of thousands of people, worldwide, to celebrate ideas and innovators.
GUNS2GRAINS - Redefining U.S. Security, Post-COVID will feature a multi-lens discussion on bringing tech, modern practices, and non-traditional perspectives to the new frontier of national security - agriculture.
Jacqueline will moderate a panel discussion between:
- Matt Carstens, President & CEO, Landus - representing our farmer-owners, and American farmers more generally
- Congressman Mike Conaway who - until he retired in January - chaired the House Agriculture Committee and served as SubCommittee Chairs on the House Armed Services Committee and House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Lieutenant General (Ret.) Vince Stewart, United States Marine Corps - whose 38-year military career culminated as Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency and Deputy Commander of United States Cyber Command.
But we need your help to bring this panel to the stage! SXSW selects panels through a community voting process that opened, yesterday, Aug. 10 and will only be open for 2 weeks!
We need your vote. It’s quick and easy, and here’s how:
- Create a free PanelPicker account (your signup information stays confidential). On the PanelPicker site, click "Sign In", then "Sign Up".
- Click on this link for the GUNS2GRAINS Panel.
- Click the "thumbs up" icon.
That’s it! Thank you for supporting Landus, Innovation, and National Security!